Learn more about residential solar panels
Is My Home Right for Solar Panels?Learn More
Solar Panel Financing OptionsLearn More
How Long Until it Pays for Itself?Learn More
Home Solar Panels FAQ
But what if it’s not sunny – can solar power be stored?
Advantages of Solar Panels for Homes
- Solar radiation is a plentiful, renewable resource and is the most efficient of all renewable energies.
- Residential solar panels do not emit any pollutants during use.
- Despite initial costs, government rebates and the long life of solar panels make solar energy cheaper than drawing power from the grid in the long run.
- A solar system unit increases the value of your home.
- Solar energy is an economical alternative in areas where it is costly to run conventional power lines.
- Stand-alone solar energy systems have batteries to provide power when the electricity grid cannot.
- Solar energy also reduces the country’s dependence on oil and other non-renewable, environmentally damaging fossil fuels.